Our outsourced VAT and customs duty compliance solutions offer clear benefits to organisations:
- Additional support in an area where the impact on internal resource can be significant
- Reassurance that the solution is managed by specialists in the relevant area.
Our specific offerings are listed below and we are also able to create bespoke solutions to address a particular area of risk you may have identified in your business:
- VAT registration and the completion of VAT returns (UK and overseas including IOSS/OSS) and EC Sales Lists for EU countries
- Obtaining and managing Proof of Export documentation to support VAT zero rating
- VAT and e-tailing – creating and managing an appropriate infrastructure and associated VAT compliance (eg IOSS, OSS)
- VAT exception testing – periodic credibility checks transactions that present VAT risk
- Managing customs duty reliefs such as IP, Temporary Admission
- Completion of import and removal entries
- Origin management
- Obtaining EORIs
Our VAT and customs duty compliance services are managed via a secure internet portal giving you anytime access to relevant documentation.
Creating an appropriate VAT infrastructure can be a time consuming exercise due to the need to liaise with overseas tax authorities and provide a variety of different documents depending on the country in question and the reason for the VAT registration.
Once the registration is in place, there is a requirement to file regular VAT returns, the frequency of which depends on the country in question (e.g. monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly, with some countries also requiring an annual declaration). EC Sales Lists must also be completed for sales of goods and services within the EU.
Our outsourced solution manages the entire process for you, minimising the number of times we need to contact you to request information and obtain signatures. In addition to this our VAT return and EC Sales List completion process incorporates a range of relevant VAT credibility checks on your transactions each period to ensure there is a robust risk management framework in place.